THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year all! The holidays are passed and all that is left is a mess to clean up! I love the holidays, but they always leave gifts to put away, decorations to take down and messes everywhere! It's okay though, they only come once a year.....



I love working on the pieces that come in the Your Own Way round robin, and this month's piece is no exception! This month was Linda's vest, a tribute to New Orleans. What a great time I had thinking up ideas for this one! I have done quite a bit so far, and there is so much room to work with, I may do a little more before I send it off. Having a vest to work with is a lot larger than your typical pillowtop or smaller block! So, I thought I'd share what I have done so far.
Aren't those fellas cute? Some crawdads fit right into the New Orleans theme!


Now, I didn't add the Jazzman.....just his melodic rainbow of notes!


Here I played off of the fabric and fancied up this gorgeous strip with some jewels and beads!


Here I added the pink flower ribbon with some beading and a double row of Herringbone stitches in yellow.

Fortunately, I'll get to hang on to this one more day as the mail isn't running today in honor of former President Ford's passing, so I will most likely do just a bit more before I send this on to the next robin to work on!

I forgot about taking pictures of my goodies that I recieved in my Victorian stocking, so keep checking back for those pictures! I'll get out the ol' camera today and snap a few to post!

For now, I must run....have a super day and a wonderful New Year!

Christy

0 comments: