THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

More Round Robins

For those who don't know, and those who may care, I had two teeth surgically removed on June 29. Yeah...that was fun. It was real fun on the following Monday when I discovered that I had developed dry socket in the place where my lower wisdom tooth used to reside. If you have never had the pleasure (or torture) of enduring the pain of dry socket....thank your lucky stars! For those of you who have had it, I sooooooooo feel for you! I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy! I absolutely could not believe that one little 1/2 inch hole could make my whole head feel like it was going to explode! OMG! So, I'm finally getting over that, and well....I can't wait to have something that isn't soup or yogurt. I'm growing tired of soft foods.....some potato chips sound REAL good right now!



Anyway, the point of that story was that I have had plenty of stitching time in the past week! YAY! I don't get very much time to sit and sew on a steady basis, but when I do, I am incredibly productive! I finished my last Your Choice Round Robin block, and two Kitty Kitty Round Robin blocks. Woo hoo!

So, I'm going to share the pics of the things that I did! First is Lori's Red Hat Society, Your Choice Round Robin. There wasn't too much room left to work with on here, but I did manage to add a few things!







Next is Lori's Kitty Kitty Round Robin block. This is from the House Cats group. I had so much fun working on this one! I added the "here kitty kitty", paws, kitty, milk and bowl on this patch.

On this patch, I added the cross stitch kitty with a pink bow, the metallic hearts and the pink paw print ribbon and stitching.

Here I gave the kitty in the middle a fishbone to hold up, and did the kissing fishes seam treatment

Next is Sue's block from the Alley Cats group. I did this entire corner! I couldn't stop once I got going on it! I added the black kitty and mouse, and did the seams around her, including the "I Love My Cat" ribbon. Then I added a silver kitty charm, a tan kitty button with a white bow and a lampwork glass kitty bead and done the seams below each of them. Again, I had a ball working on this block!


Round robins sure are a lot of fun, but they are a lot of work as well! I can't wait to see these finished up! This group of Robins is a very talented bunch and I know that they are all stitching very hard on each and every block!

Have a great day,

Christy

3 comments:

Gerry said...

These are GREAT! Love all of the little accent pieces. The milk bottle and fish skeleton are too funny.

Lori said...

Hey! What beautiful for you do! I am so honored to be posted on your site! Even when there is alittle room left, you still manage to produce a masterpiece of art!
The kitty blocks are coming along nicely too! Can't wait to get my blocks back and make into a wall hanging!!
Love YOU LOTS!

JK said...

Hey my little baby doll!! Have not been round to see you in a bit. You have been very, very busy and I am so dang proud of you!! You have grown in leaps and bounds darlin, and you did it, like I knew you would. Beautiful work love!!!!