THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Old Friends

Hello Friends!

I hope this post finds anyone who reads it happy and well!

No pictures to share this morning, just some odd ramblings that I thought I'd jot down before I head off to bed.

First of all, for those of you who are still young and in school, keep in touch with your friends. No matter what it takes, keep it touch. I recently joined up on MySpace for the sole purpose of finding out what is all about, and I am finding friends that I haven't spoken to since highschool. Ten years have gone by without as much as a hello to them, although, I must say, I have thought of many of them often. I think what bothers me the most is that I don't know anything about their lives since highschool, and that hurts the most. I sure do wish that I had kept in touch with some of them!

For those of you who don't know, I'm pet crazy! I love my fur and feather kids to the full extreme and the loss of one is generally devastating to me. I currently have 5 cockatiels, a lovebird, a robin, a rabbit, a rat, 4 guinea pigs and a cat. I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the bonds that I have with each and every one of them. I had an adorable yellow parakeet up until Tuesday when she suddenly passed away. I have been absolutely distrought over my little Tweety and I think I have been trying to fill the void by just keeping myself busy sewing and surfing the internet. She was such a great girl, and totally attached at the hip with her Momma. In fact, I nicknamed her "Buzzard", because she had to be on me every second that she was free to roam the house. It was so much fun knowing that as soon as I walked into the living room, she'd been flying like a madwoman to me and fussing at me. Now that she isn't here, I find myself avoiding the living room. I'm sure having a hard time adjusting to this loss, I miss her dearly.

Well, it is snowing again. We actually had a few days of decent temperatures, and now it is snowing again. COME ON SPRING!!!!!!!!! I love winter, don't get me wrong, but I am ready for the Tulips and the DaffyDucks to bloom! Now, I'm not quite ready for the mowing and weed pulling that come along with spring, but, I will be when it's time.

My husband and I have recently "re"developed our love of board games, thanks to our wonderful friends, Lisa and EJ. We have been having weekly, (when the weather permits) get togethers to play board games. I had forgotten just how much fun they can be! I have a few favorites too, and we are adding to the selection often. I love playing Battle of the Sexes, Taboo, Mad Gab, and Boxers or Briefs to name a few. Lisa called me yesterday to let me know that she had picked up a new game for us to try this weekend called The Last Word (I think), and I am excited as all getout to try this one out! Lisa and I are both the type that MUST have the last word, so it will be interesting! Not to mention when you add a few Strawberry Daiquiri's into the mix the guys will be giggling like schoolgirls! Ha!

Well, I suppose I have rambled enough for now, I have seen 3 emails come in while writing this, so off I go!

Have a super day!
Christy

0 comments: