THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

THIS Is Why I Love Spring!

Hello!

I have been having issues with my blog, something about cookies being disabled. I'd try to fix it, then I'd start thinking about cookies, and well.....let's just say that there used to be cookies in my house. Peanut butter sandwich cookies. Mmmmmmmmmmm!



Anyhoo, I have pretty much spent the past week attached to the rear end of the mower, and honestly, I was wondering why I was in such a hurry for spring to get here. Why would I be in such a hurry for it to come when I have to mow at a minimum of twice a week to keep up with it, and I have 3 properties to mow now, one of which is 8 acres. Yep, from the middle of April until June, that's pretty much all I do, mow, eat, sleep, and mow some more. Thankfully, we do have a tractor to mow the 8 acres with, or it would sooooooo be grown up to my ears.




In the midst of all of the mowing, I remembered why I love spring so much. I have birds singing, flowers blooming and critters reappearing from their long winter's nap. Just today, my resident groundhog made his first appearance of the season. His name is Swiffer. Yep, just like the sweeper! We tend to name our resident groundhogs after vacuums, as that is exactly what they do to my birdseed and sunflower seeds. They vacuum them right on up! In the past we have had a Hoover, Eureka, and a Dyson. I'm fairly sure that this is the same one from last year, as he has a peculiar white spot on his side. I will snap some pictures of him when he comes over to munch this afternoon.




My spring bulbs are doing so beautifully this year, I am like a proud Momma watching her babies! After last years false spring, I am so happy to see them up and blooming this year! I (of course!) have pictures to share. So, here goes....enjoy!


This is my Forsythia bush. It is much more vivid than this picture shows. It is definately an eye catcher, as many of the neighbors have now commented on how pretty it is this year.

Next are my Hyacinths. These things are just heaven on a stick! If someone could figure out how to bottle the smell, I'd buy it by the gallon!
Next are the King Alfred Daffodills. HUGE blooms this year!
These feisty little fellas are my Tahiti Double Daffodils.

And my inherited Anemone. This was here when I moved in, but it has quadrupled in size!
So dainty! My old fashioned Bleeding Heart.
Flower Drift Double Daffodils.
My fat little guard squirrel and his Jonquils and Firespray Tulips.
Pretty in pink! These are my Easter Bonnet Daffodils. They really are pink too!

And last but not least, Mom's pretty flower bed. She packed all of her spring bloomers together, as I stuck mine all around the yard. It does make for a very pretty show!


I hope you enjoy my babies....I sure am!


Have a spectacular Hump Day!
Christy

4 comments:

Gerry said...

How wonderful!!!!! So bright, cheery and colorful. Great, great garden space.

Lori said...

Gosh, I love your flowers! we I was way younger, Dad used to have flower beds up and down the driveways and all over the yard..I grew up with flowers blooming and I thank you for reminding me of happier times! They are beautiful to see and watch grow! I don't have any flowers in my yard as hubby is alergic to bees and I can't get down on the ground to tend them, soooooo if you ever want to come visit and plant, you are more than welcome! Love ya!
Lori

Maddie Can Fly said...

I hear you on that mowing part. My lot is 180' x 120' and I don't have a rider -- just a regular mower that I push. I tell myself how strong I'm getting (LOL)

pineapple_ing said...

Gosh Christy! Your 'Babies' ARE beauties!! I love Bleeding Hearts and Forsythia! And are those Daffodils really pink?... Pink Daffodils! They're Gorgeous! I've never heard of a pink one, before now! BTW, how's *our* Pineapple Lily doin' this year? LOL! Just kidding... but it *is* (still) my most favorite in your garden
FYI.. I'm still busy, having fun stitchin' on your Flutter-by Heart. Hope to have it finished soon. Have you started on mine yet? Not rushing ya, just askin'. TTYS. Hugs, ~ Ing