THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lillee's Sprinkle

Howdy ya'll!

So glad to see that a couple of folks still check my blog! In that case, I think I'll blog a little bit this morning.

Back on October 5 I put on a Baby Sprinkle for my best friend, Lisa. Yes, I said Baby Sprinkle. For those of you who are scratching your head, I called it a Sprinkle because that's exactly what it was. This is her second baby, another girl, and I know that most people consider a shower for any child other than the first to be against the laws of the universe, but I personally believe that every baby deserves to be celebrated. So since she already had all of the big ticket items, we had a sprinkling of necessities, just to help out. It was more for the party than the gifts, but everything she got was greatly appreciated, that is for sure!

Me and Lisa:


The theme was pink and yellow and rubber duckies, and I found some of the cutes stuff! I made diaper cakes for each table as decoration, also made baby booties out of styrofoam cups, and picked up some little round tins at Walmart in the wedding stuff and decorated them and filled them with pink M&M's.



Here's what the tables looked like:



Here's the yummy table, complete with pink butter mints, peanuts and pink hershey kisses that said "It's a girl" on the tags. Too cute! Check out the duckies swimming in the blue punch.

Since it was a sprinkle, I made cupcakes and put sprinkles on them! Pink and yellow, or course!



Look closely at the ice cubes!

Mmmmm.....yummy!

Here's a close up of the 3 tier diaper cake that I made for the gift table.


And here's the 2 tier that was on all of the guest tables.

Baby booties filled with nuts and mints for snacking, and you can kinda see the tins with the m&m's in them.

The fireplace where we took photos. We took a picture of Lisa with every guest alone in front of the fireplace, made 2 copies and then she sent everyone a copy of their picture with the thank you notes. What a great keepsake!

As everyone arrived, they got to sign a huge cloth baby bottle that plays Rock-A-Bye Baby instead of a guest book, and they also got to play their first game. The game was to guess how many M&M's were in a baby bottle. I used pink M&Ms, as that's what Lisa is craving with this baby. For future reference, it is way more than it looks, ours had 236 in it.
As far as games go, I tried to do some different things, so that it would be very memorable for her. We played a game called baby sock match, I had 18 pairs of baby socks, all different but soooo similar in a small basket and I timed each gal to see who could match and fold them all the fastest. Lisa's Mother in law, Terri won this one, doing it in 58 seconds! HOLY COW! Lisa came in second with 1:02. Still faster than me! We also played a game called TV Kids. For this game, I told the gals to split into two teams and each had a rubber ducky to squeak when they knew the answer. I gave the TV shows and they had to name all of the kids on the shows. It was great, everyone seemed to really enjoy that one! I'm happy to report the pink team won by a landslide, the team consisted of Lisa, and her friends Bobbie, Delisa and Hannah. I passed around a skein of yarn and all of the ladies had to eyeball Lisa and cut a piece of yarn that they thought would go around her belly perfectly. Some were real close and others were miles to long. Lisa's Grandma in Law Alta won this coming within an INCH! She cuts fabric for a living, imagine that....HA!
All in all, I think everyone had a great time, and I hope that Lisa had plenty to put in baby Lillee's book!
Have a great day all!
Christy

0 comments: