THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Anyone Wanna Shovel For Me?

Good Morning Friends,

Thought I'd pop in with a quick post before bed. What a day and night we had here! It finally stopped snowing just before noon, which was a full 24 hours since it had started. The final tally, 12.8 inches. That's the official total from the weather service. In MY backyard, it's more like 14 inches. It is just beautiful! Glorious snow!

Now, you didn't think I could possibly end this without bitching a little did you? Oh come on, just a little......

I have shoveled and shoveled until my shoulders feel like I have been carrying around the world on them! Oh yeah, I'm not kidding either! Before I came home yesterday morning, I had already dug out the drive at the farm, a path all the way to the barn and in front of the barn door so I could get it open. Then I went to Mom's and dug out part of her driveway so she could park, her sidewalks and paths to the places she needs to go in the yard. Then I came home, dug out all of my birdfeeders and paths to each of them, paths for the squirrels to get to the trees and about 2/3 of the driveway. After I did some work around here, I went to bed, got up and started all over again! I know that we need plow trucks, I do, but GIVE ME A BREAK! Everything I shoveled out at the farm was just full again, so with some help from Hubs, we dug it all back out again. Then we went to Mom's to finish her driveway, and the plow trucks had pushed so much snow up in her driveway that I got stuck just trying to pull in. AWWWWGGGG!!!!!! After we got that done, we came home to see that we haven't YET had a plow truck down our street, and believe me, it's an udder mess. This has been such a crazy winter, I just don't know what's gonna happen next! Other than the fact that they are predicting another "heavy snowstorm" for Monday night and Tuesday. Yay. More shoveling. We keep talking about getting a snowthrower, but I tell you, it would have had to be a big one this time, that stuff was heavy! So anyway, I'm tired, grouchy and sore. Imagine that, me, grouchy?

On a lighter note, I did get my papers all delivered tonight! YAY! Some of my customers may not be real happy with me, because if they didn't shovel out around their boxes, I tossed it under them and went on. I'm not getting stuck in that crap again. I had about 1/3 of them who went above and beyond for me, and I am so grateful! Thank you to those who think about us, even though I wonder if they did it for us or the mail carriers. That are soon to be delivering only 5 days a week, compared to our 7. Ah well, that's another post....

Alrighty, I'm off to bed! Happy Thursday all!
Christy

0 comments: