THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 21, 2008

Yummy Yummy For Your Eyes!

Good morning!

I've finished both of my food fight blocks for the swap over at CQ for Newbies. I changed the Strawberry Daiquiri block to include the saying, "It's 5 O'clock somewhere". Thanks to JK for that suggestion, I love it!

Here's my Daiquiri block:



Since Daiquiri's are tropical drinks, I went with a tropical theme, adding a "grass skirt" and flip-flops. Can't wait for those hot summer days now!

This block is for my Corn and Mac recipe. We typically use this as a cook-out or carry in dish as it is quick and easy to make and most people find that they really like it once they try it. I used patriotic themed fabric to represent cook-outs, as that is generally when we have them is on Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day. I also added a couple fireworks on the yellow patch on the left.
There hasn't been a whole lot going on here in my little world lately, which is perfectly fine with me. I have been cleaning house trying to get ready for Easter with my parents though. I really do believe that there is a little gnome that lives here and has parties when I'm not home! I can see all of the garden gnomes from around the neighborhood coming by and tossing down some Strawberry Daiquiris......

Also, we had the blacksmith back to work on Cherokee some more, and he is doing fabulous! So full of life and very, very impatient. He's actually becoming hard to keep up with! Not too sure I like that so well....but I am very happy to see him in such good spirits. We are really looking forward to this summer with him!

Well, I'm off to bed, I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a Fantastic Easter weekend!

Hugs,

Christy

1 comments:

Lori said...

I love your food blocks! I am hoping to get the Daiquiri one! they look so yummy and that one reminds of vacation! a much needed item in our lives!
Lori