THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Few Things....

Good morning!



How is everyone this morning? Good I hope!



I have a few things to talk about this morning! Yay me! HA!



I have spent the past 2 days doing my taxes, and let me tell you, I'm so glad that is over! I don't really mind doing them once I have them started, but getting to that point is like pulling teeth around here. I dread the very thought of it, but am usually happy with the results. Anyhow, it's over for another year, that is unless Mom decides she wants me to do hers this year. Doubtful though, she's pretty good about doing her own.

I have also done some work on that darn Bible cover. I'm having some real issues with this one, I don't know if it is my lack of creativity or if this thing is just being difficult. So, I thought I'd post a couple of pics this morning.





I dunno, for some reason, I'm having all kind of issues with the mid-section of this one. That pink polka-dotted piece is bugging me to death. I originally put it on there to do some SRE, but once I got it all sewn down, I realized that it is right on the binding. Not a good place for SRE! So, here I am, stuck with this patch and it is giving me dirty looks every time I pick it up. I need some ideas on this one....

Also, Ing and I have been working on hearts for each other for what seems like an eternity, but thankfully, we are both working at the same pace! I had to put hers aside for a little while, as I want to do my best for her, and I haven't had a lick of creativity for some time. I have gotten it out this week and done some work on it, and it is coming along nicely! You'll just have to wait, Ing, I'm not showing any sneak peeks! HA HA HA!!!! I am just thrilled to finally have the right mood to do a little stitchin'. I must say, I have missed it like a long lost friend.

After I finished my Taxes last night, I was in need of some simple minded entertainment. So I settled in with Hubs and the babies for a little TV. We were flipping through the channels and came upon TV Land, and a movie that I had not seen in many a moon. Revenge of the Nerds! I had forgotten how funny that movie is, and the characters too! I completely forgot that Anthony Edwards and John Goodman were in it. We laughed so dang hard at that movie, and it was just what I needed, mindless entertainment! Not to mention, the nerd gets the cheerleader, that's the best part! (being the nerd that I am....HA!)

So, anyway, I've gotta couple of things to do this morning, then I'm off to bed!

Have a great weekend!

Christy

2 comments:

Lori said...

On the polka dot fabric, how about adding beads or chain stitch flowers with the dots as centers? or add some lace to cover it abit and add some embroidery over that? Love your blog, you are always right on top of the holidays!
Lori

pineapple_ing said...

MMMmmmmm!? I'm thinking it would have to be something flat-ish or nothing 3-dimensional. It would get all squished, right? What if you stitch your name or Bible or both!? Just my 2cent. Ing