THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, February 27, 2009

So Behind

Good morning all!

Have you ever been so behind that you were behind in being behind? That's where I am at the moment. Not a good place either. I can't even keep up with being behind anymore....

So, this week has been busy, or well, maybe I should say, this week has been normal. The blacksmith came Sunday afternoon, only to find out that Cherokee has Thrush in his left front hoof. Now I have always been around horses, and I'm not going to say that I know it all, (by ANY stretch), but this is something new to me. And it is very common, so it is surprising to me that I haven't dealt with it before. I knew there was something wrong with his poor hoofie, I just didn't know what. Thankfully Murry, (the blacksmith) was coming so I didn't have to worry too much with it. He showed me what to do to take care of it, and it seems to be doing a little better now. It's been a long week of cleaning, treating and wrapping it though. And he's doing a wonderful job of fighting me every step of the way. There comes a time when enough is enough, and I have reached that point with him! Thrush is totally treatable, thankfully, and he will be fine. That is, if I don't hang him up by his ears between now and then.

Past that, I have been working on the Bible cover and Ing's heart, though I'm not making much progress on either. I have been dedicating my extra time to Cherokee, so I'm having to sneak in a few stitches here and there. I'll get them done, I swear I will!

The weather is turning cold again, after a week of nice warm temps, and everything is thawed out and mushy now. Crud, I really wish spring would hurry up!

Okey dokey, I'm heading off to bed!

Have a great Friday all!

Hugs,
Christy

1 comments:

pineapple_ing said...

Hi Christy, I'm so sorry you're having trouble with your horse's hoof. I hope it will heal soon. Please don't worry about rushing on my Fairie Heart. However... yours was sent on Monday with UPS. It should arrive on Wed. or Thursday. JK was able to see it before I sent it. She thinks that you will like it. I sure hope so!! Please let me know when it gets to you. Thanks! Once again... just stitch when you can... there's really no rush. LOL!
Huggles, ~ Ing