THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 6, 2009

FINALLY!

Happy Friday all!

I finally got the ONE seam on the Bible cover that I have been working on for like, oh I dunno, seems like forever, done. I decided to try and cover that funky polka-dotted patch with a grape vine treatment...as recomended by my dear friend JK. She always knows what to do when I get into a place I can't figure my way out of! And that goes for everything!!!

So here it is, for some reason it looks kind of blurry, sorry about that. I think it took up enough real estate to work, of course, I'll have to add some butterflies or something to it as well, but those will have to wait!

I thought my dang fingers were going to fall off before I got all of those french knots done. It has been quite a while since I have done this treatment, and now I think I know why. I do love it though, it is such a gorgeous seam now! Hideous before.....

In other news, life is crazy as usual, and yesterday was no exception. I was up and down all day, as the people 2 doors down had a busted water line that had to be dug up and replaced. I know it has to be done, but damn they were loud! Kept me up most of the morning, and when I finally crashed, Ing called, and I totally missed it! So, Ing, I am so sorry, I promise I will get back to you! They had dug up one of my neighbor's trees that she planted and nursed from a 10 inch tall sapling into a 10 foot tall tree as well. And I had given it to her, so she was intent on saving it, (in my opinion, they SHOULD have replanted it, but alas, no one does quality work anymore.), so I just finished helping her dig a hole big enough to get it back into the ground. I only hope it was in time. We have a ball doing stuff like that, and I swear, if anyone could hear us, they would think we have lost our marbles. In fact, I think we did, or at least we found a couple out there while we were digging! HA! So, if I sound more intelligent, that's why, I have a couple more marbles than I had yesterday.

Cherokee is doing well, we're past wrapping his foot now, so he is soooo much happier. I can see signs of new growth in the frog, so I'm sure we're getting the Thrush licked now. Ew, no, not licked....whooped. That's a better word. We're getting it whooped! Plus, spring is in the air and for some reason, he and the horse next door just noticed each other and the male ego is hanging out on both of them. They crack me up! Chance, (the horse next door), was actually whinnying at us yesterday. Sheesh....4 years on the same property and they are just now noticing each other? Give me a break, I know better than that!

Spring is in the air at home too, I have tons of flowers popping up every where! I'm so excited to see my Crocuses, Daffy Ducks and Tulips again. I love spring! And there are Robins singing all around too, that always lifts my spirits! I can't wait to start seeing all of the baby critters running around, that makes all of my hard work feeding in the freezing cold so worth it to me!

Well, I guess I have written enough this morning, I need to get some emails off and head for bed!

Have a super weekend!

Christy

0 comments: