THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Spring!

Hi all, Happy Spring!

I was so busy that I didn't even realize that Spring arrived Friday morning. I'm so happy to see it come this year, and we are having really nice Spring weather right now too! I am however worried, as it is still March, and it is still basketball tournament time in Indiana, which normally produces a crazy snow storm. So.......for now I'm enjoying it to the fullest! I've been working in my flower beds, cleaning up winter's yucky messes, straightening up all of my birdhouses that have gone goofy from all of the wind, and we've even grilled a couple times! Oh my, how I have missed that little grill of ours! There isn't a better burger in the world!

So I have some pictures to share...

Robins, Robins, everywhere are ROBINS! That's a sure sign of Spring!
One of my little squirrels just HAD to have a drink, especially now that the birdbath is thawed out all the time! (And look at that GREEN grass behind her!)


Jonquils....

Glory of the snow... (WHAT?!? No SNOW this year???? That's okay....)

The first Tulip of Spring! This is a Firespray Tulip!
And the almighty Crocuses! Nothing says Spring like pretty little bouquets of Crocuses!






I love the first days of Spring, it's like an awakening for me. I get so down in the dumps around here in the winter time, so getting outside and getting mobile again really lifts my spirits! I love to hear the birds singing and the chatter around the neighborhood. Beautiful, just beautiful weather!
I hope everyone has a great day!
Hugs,
Christy

1 comments:

pineapple_ing said...

I'm so glad to see your garden grow again and how's my favorite pineapple lily doing this year? :) And would you put one on the Barby for me please! I'll be right over! LOL! I'm so happy for you that Spring is finally here! Hugs!!!