THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Howdy!

Hi all, I am so sorry for not updating everyone on my life. Well, the whole 1 person who actually reads my blog anyway! HA! Thanks for reminding me Ing! I tend to get crazy busy and weeks go by, and it only feels like a couple of days. I hate that. I couldn't believe that the last post was March 29, it seems like only last week. Maybe I have some sort of time warp going on....

Anyway, I have been crazy busy, as I stated above, with many things. First off, Mom had to have some dental work done, and it turned out to be more than she could handle. She was down for almost 2 weeks leaving me and Hubs to take care of her. Not that I minded, I always enjoy spending time with Mom. After getting her all squared away, all of our cars were on death row, leaving me yet again without a car, having to share with Hubs. Not a good thing, as I have so many things to do and not having a car really slows me down. But all is well in that department now, and will be posting more on that one a bit later. Which leads me to my latest venture...I bought a horse! YAY! I'm so excited! I kept saying I was going to, and never got around to it, however, this one presented itsself to me in a perfect light. I wasn't going to miss this opportunity, so I jumped in feet first. Our blacksmith had a 21 month old filly he had to get rid of, and thought that we'd get along well, so we went and looked at her and it was love at first sight! Her name is Gambi, she's a 21 month old registered paint quarter horse. Just beautiful! So after commiting to her, I had 6 days to clean out the barn and build her a stall. 20 years of my Dad storing junk and I had 6 days to clean it out. Amazingly enough, we got it done, literally an hour before she arrived! So she's here now and we're ironing out our differences slowly. With her being so young, I am delving into the world of horse training, and she is testing me to the very end. After a couple of sessions on the short rope, I think she's going to be a pretty good girl for me, that is if we can come to terms over the other horses. She thinks that she should be out playing with them instead of working for me, so there is our major difference in opinions. Anyways, I have pics to share of her, and they are all of the same horse, the first ones are in the sun and she looks brown, however, she's black! The last couple are more accurate of her coloration.

This was the first time that we met...





This was a "Look at me I'm pretty!" pose...


Working out for the first time...on the short line, as she's still a little too wirey for the long line.

So anyway, I hope you enjoyed meeting Gambi!
I'll be back later on with another post....
Hugs to all,
Christy

0 comments: