THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WE DID IT! Hoo-rah!!

Morning all! Just a quick update before I head off to bed. Me and my ol' car did it! We made it too 400,000 miles today! I'm so excited...you have no idea!!!!!!!! This is the longest a car has ever made in in the family....so, now we're setting a new goal of 425,000. We'll see....

Gawd, there should be a prize for her, she's been an awfully good car! Maybe I'll get her some premium gas in the morning, HA!
Past that, my new baby Gambi is killing me slowly. *LMAO* We've been doing really well with her workouts, and in fact, she even listened to me with someone lighting fireworks about a block from the farm! However, I can't get her back feet off the ground to clean them, and if I do, she throws a fit that you couldn't even begin to imagine! Yesterday she actually tried to rear and broke her cross ties. Thankfully, the barn held.... Anyhoo...I'm gonna try tying her outside the barn to a fencepost, with the thinking that maybe she doesn't understand the cross ties inside the barn. So, we'll see what happens. I have to keep reminding myself that she is very young, and full of sh*t, and I'm teaching her what she needs to know...and trying not to set in bad habits along the way. We've also got a plan going to get her a more endowed fence...or at least a taller one that she can't jump, and we'll be working on that later this week. Cherokee finally noticed her, whinneyed just a tad and showed off a bit for her on Saturday, so I guess he's not too old to care after all. However, since then, he's not giving her even the slightest flick of the tail. Fine by me, she seems to be over it too. Finally! Going on 3 weeks....

I'm also on a warpath with the weeds in my flower beds, so if I go MIA again, you will all know why....they won!

Alrighty...after fighting with this computer today, I'm ready for bed.

Have a wonderful day all!
Christy

1 comments:

Maddie Can Fly said...

Love how you got the picture of the 400,000. Maybe you should call the oil company and offer your car for commercials -- as in "I used Penzoil for the last 400,000 miles and will keep using it until 425,000"