THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just a catch up day....

Hi All! Hope this post finds everyone well and happy! I have been really slacking, especially with my internet friends, and I hope you all forgive me at some point....

I'm trying to catch everything up today, which I know I won't get it all done, but I'm trying. So, for starters, I thought I'd catch up on my blogging.

First of all, Ing if you are reading this...it's going to be a couple more days before I send your little Flower Fairy heart out, I removed some work I did on it...it looked funky, and I'm redoing it now. Sorry, I know I promised it to you this week, I just really want to do my best and I want you to love it as much as I love mine!

We had a really nice Memorial Day weekend, we visited with our neighbors a bit on Saturday, and Mom and Dad came down Monday evening and we grilled out. It was pretty nice, though I didn't get to relax any, I think I'll survive!

I'm working on getting my flower beds cleaned out and planted, which is taking a lot longer than usual with my new little baby to take care of. I did manage to get all of my houseplants hauled outside and one flower bed weeded and planted before Memorial Day, so I'm getting somewhere, just really, really slow! I still have to plant my Cannas and Dahlias, and need to get that done THIS WEEK, or it'll be too late....

The kids here at home are doing wonderful, with the exception of Pearl, who has once again decided to lay eggs, and she's overdoing it again too. So far 13. Dang, I want her to stop, I just can't get her to. I've been giving her a calcium supplement to help with the strain that the egg laying is putting on her. I think she may be done now, or at least I hope. We'll see, today is the day she's supposed to lay again. The other birds are doing really well, as are the guinea pigs, bunny, mice and cat. The cat is as spoiled as she can be, and craving attention like crazy! I can't get her to leave me alone when I'm inside. She's so goofy!

The horses are doing great as well. Cherokee is having a bit of tooth trouble, so we floated them yesterday, which he absolutely hated. Poor guy, seems like we're always hassling him over something! His hooves are in really great shape now, and he feels like a champ! He even took a little interest in the new little filly. Not much, but at least he noticed her, HA! Speaking of the new little filly, I finally got her papers, and after looking it over, I have no idea where the name Gambi came from....Her registered name is Poco's Sweet Streaker. So, I've decided to change it, after all, she's a paint horse, and needs an Indian name. I couldn't come up with something I liked from her registered name, so I went back to her grandparents. Her name is now Dakota. Her maternal Grandmother's name was Dakota Summer Dew. She really seems to like it, and it's a pretty name for my pretty horse. Although, I wanted her to be my little girly horse...she's definately a get-down-and-dirty horse. So much for girly.... We're doing really well with our workouts, and she's ready to start working in the field rather than the enclosed cement between the barns. This will be interesting, as she thinks she is going to starve to death constantly. Hubs said he would help me until she learns that she is working and not eating in the field. I'll keep you posted on that one....

Alrighty, I think that's it...I'm off to do some laundry and a little stitchin' before bed!

Hugs to all!
Christy

1 comments:

pineapple_ing said...

Hi Christy,
Like I said... NO rush! But don't be rippin' things off... I'm sure what you stitch is just beautiful. I'm even worse off... I'm *still* working on a block for Janet. She's probably given up on me. And besides that.. at least you're blogging! If I don't do something with mine, I'll just have to give it up. :/
Congratulations on the car... May she out-live us all! LOL!
TTYL... Hugs ~ Ing
BTW.. Next time you change your Blog... may I suggest a Spring Flower theme!? Wish I know how to do that. :)