THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Who Knew?

I'm back! Who knew I could manage 2 posts in one day....ha!

Anyway, for those of you who know, or don't know, this is my car:
Not much of a looker...it's a 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity Wagon. 3.1 V-6. Not too exciting...but hey, it gets me from point A to point B most of the time. Now, I have owned this car for about 6 years now, and driving my paper route and doing my daily running in it has made it look pretty shabby, though it's still not as bad as a lot of cars I've seen on the road. I love this car, it has been a really good car, outside of needing 2 rack and pinions, 3 transmissions, and a set of heads, it's just been usual maintanence. You know, oil changes, brakes, tires, exhaust work, etc. Normal stuff. I am getting ready to turn a milestone that no other car we've owned has reached, and I want to share it with the world! So, are you ready...take a look at the next picture real good....

I'm on the verge of 400,000 miles! I'm so excited! I know, this is totally silly...but most people think that if they get to 200,000 it's a goner. Not this car, I expect to be driving her well into 500,000! Hell, when I bought this car for $200.00, it had 116,000 on it, so who knew I could rack it up to almost 400,000!??? I would love to get this car into some sort of record book...but have no clue how so I'm not going to fool with it. It has to be a record!
Think if I take it to the local Chevy dealership they'll give me a new car? LMAO...me either....
Anyway, just wanted to share this little excitement with you all, I'll keep you posted as to my mileage and how soon we hit 400,000! (Which shouldn't be too long with the miles I drive everyday!!!)
Happy motoring and keep it between the ditches,
Christy

1 comments:

Maddie Can Fly said...

Hey! There's more then Ing reading here (LOL). A big CONGRATS on the 400,000 miles! I'm a lover of no car payments, drive 'em till they drop. Unfortunately, the rust gets to mine before I get near the 300,000.