THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 28, 2007

We're Off To See The Wizard!

Hello, hello, hello!
First off, I want to say a hardy Congratulations to my great friend Lori! She made some friendship dolls and they made it into CQMagOnline! Way to go Lori!!!!!!!!!
Here's the link if you'd like to check them out!


I finished working on Nancy's Wizard of Oz block for the Fairy Tale Round Robin, and I must say, I didn't want to stop! I really had a great time working on it, but I wish I could just finish it up and send it back to her. I think Jaki and Susan would be terribly upset with me if I did though....HA!


Anyway, I wanted to share some pics of the block and the work I did to it!
Here's the block as it sits waiting for the mailman to pick it up:

Here I added the Cowardly Lion with his crown and the ribbon with the circles and the seam treatment above him. It is a row of Chevrons with 3 detached chains and a star above.
I love this button, and I have been hanging on to it for quite some time....but I guess every button has it's day and this one found it's way onto Nancy's block! This is "somewhere over the rainbow", with happy little bluebirds flying over it! I also did the seam treatment, which is a row of herringbones with a straight stitch running through the middle and a detached chain on the end of it.
Here I did the cloud and "SURRENDER DOROTHY". I also did the seam treatments, the one to the left is a row of feather stitches with 3 detached chains in green and french knots. To the right is irridescent white rick rack with a triad of detached chains and 3 straight stitches. There are also 3 different color seed beads in this seam treatment.
Here I did the Tin Man's Heart with his diploma from the Wizard himself! I also did the seam treatment below it, which is some light green funky yarn with different color flower beads.

I wish I could do more, I'd love to put an emerald city on here, but as time limits go...I've already passed mine, and well....it wouldn't be fair to the other ladies if I hogged it all!

The next fairy tale block I have to work on is 12 dancing princesses. I'm pretty excited about this one too, so I can't wait to get started on it! I also have my kitty kitty round robin blocks to work on, so I'm gonna stay busy for a while! Check back soon for more pictures!

Have a great day all!

Christy

2 comments:

Ati said...

Christy you did a GREAT job! It is really beautiful what you made!!

JK said...

Hey doll, I love, love that lion! Beautiful job hon, as always!