THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 4, 2007

A Tail of Two Kitties

Good Morning!

As you know from previous posts, I am hosting a Kitty Kitty Round Robin over at CQ for Newbies. As these blocks landed on my doorstep the excitement began to stir. When I opened the packages the creativity started running wild! These are two of the most gorgeous blocks I've ever had the pleasure to put stitches on! Being the first to work on a block is usually a hard place for me to be, but this time I didn't have any trouble at all! As soon as I sat down to work on them they started talking up a storm to me!

The first tail belongs to Julie. This block is just so art deco! She is hoping to use this block as a tribute to one of her kitties that she lost to feline leukemia. I had so many ideas for this block, but this little black and silver kitty just jumped right on there! I then added the white silk ribbon roses and butterflies. The seam treatment just fell right into place after that!



The second tail belongs to Flora. This block is so fun and light and airy! I actually have some of the same fabrics, but I ended up not using them. After seeing this block, I wish I had! They sure made for an adorable block! I outlined the patch of the kitty climbing the heart tree, and done all of the seams bordering it. I also added the silver kitty charm underneath it. Beside that patch I added the pink paw print ribbon and the stitches along it, with the cute little suncatcher kitty charm.



I had so much fun working on these blocks, and I can't wait to get started on the next ones! (Yes, they are already here...LOL)

Have a great Friday!

Christy

1 comments:

JK said...

Oh I love this block and the colors! I missed out on this RR or swap thingie or...what is it by the way? Anywhoo.. This is too darn cute! Figures, we have a really cute project going on and I am a day late and several hundred dollars short.............again.