THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 7, 2007

Flowers and Weeds and Ants, OH MY!

Good morning!


After working in my gardens all weekend, I have sore muscles and a few stories to tell!


First of all, I had some excitement in the yard over the weekend, and of course, I didn't have my camera. I had a couple of new visitors that I am overly excited about! First, I glanced out at the feeder and saw a Indigo Bunting! Wow! Those little birds are gorgeous! And then about 10 minutes later, I looked again and I had a White Breasted Nuthatch! Now, I don't know if they are regular visitors or not, but I've never seen either of them before! I hope they come back! This morning, I arrived home to find a baby gray squirrel dancing around on the sunflower bin! Now, this isn't too big of a surprise for me, as I have been seeing Momma for a while now. And she's obviously a Momma.....if you know what I mean. I sure wish I had the camera!


I have pulled weeds, and pulled weeds, and pulled more weeds! I swear, my fingertips are so sore from grabbing on to those short little things and getting them out of my flower beds! UGH! I hope it's worth the work! I wanna see some blooms before long! Of course, no trip around the yard pulling weeds is complete unless I find a nest full of fire ants. Oh yeah, I found them and they promptly found me! I didn't realize that I had gotten into them until I felt them crawling all over me! Oh-My-God! Those little things can bite!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ended up dancing around the yard flapping my shirt doing the fire ant dance! Sheesh! I bet the neighbors thought I'd lost my mind at that point! I need a sign that says, "Beware the crazy fire ant dancer!" Oh and speaking of weeds, I have the smartest weeds in Indiana! They have all planted themselves right smack dab in the middle of a plant or right beside one. Just to make it inconvenient to dig them out. Why is that? Are they really that smart???? Ugh...they are gonna get a BIG fooling in a couple of weeks, as I am gonna dig out a lot of my flowers and revamp my flower beds! HA! Hide from me now, Weeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I don't have any blooms in the yard to speak of, but as I am getting ready to haul my houseplants outside for the summer, I happened to notice my cactus is in full bloom! Now, I've been told that this is a Christmas Cactus, and I've been told that it's an Easter Cactus. Either way.....it is a cactus! It blooms around Christmas time and Easter each year, so maybe it's just an every holiday cactus! LOL! Anyway, I love it, it always has such pretty blooms! Here's a pic:


Well, it's getting to be that time....have a great day all!

Christy

2 comments:

JK said...

Hey Puddleducks! Okay, I want your birds, and since I can't seem to get Charlene to take Norbert, perhaps you want to trade? Don't worry hon, Norbert only catches the sides of a fences. Birds allude him, as does many things. My Iris's have gone totally insane and I can't believe how many new blooms I have everyday. My black one did not make it for some reason. I think it was Norbert or Poindexter, not sure. Can I intrest you in a peanut eating gopher?

Love ya!

Lori said...

Hi Chickie! Love your cactus and it sounds like you got a LOT of gardening done. I am jealous...
I love it when the animals come to visit. We had a squirrel on my deck yesterday eating the cereal I through out there. the glass slider was shut. Sam had his nose on the glass and the squirrel wasn't 5 inches away! and happily eating! Sam decided he needed to go outside. Put him out the front door, yeah..you got it..he was on the deck before I climbed the stairs! LOL! the squirrel just hid behind the grill until Sam came in the house! he wasn't giving up his food for no Dog Fright!
Love You,
Lori