THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Row, Row, Row Your Boat!

Hello All!


Hello rain! It is finally raining here! Woo Hoo! We needed it very badly, the ground was so dry and hard it was cracking! For that to happen during spring around here is surely not a good sign of things to come. Could we see a drought this year? I'm thinking it's very possible. And what little rain we did get was soaked up immediately. My poor seedlings are so pitiful, they sure don't like city water!


Well, I finally got around to starting my Spring Fling block for the swap, and I must say, it is cute! I love it! I don't have much done on it quite yet.....so I'll take a pic of it when I have more to brag about!


However, I've been working on Ati's, 12 Dancing Princesses round robin block! I'm not done with it quite yet either, but I wanted to post a pic of what I have done so far! In her notes to the group, Ati had mentioned a princess boat. I have never read this story, or saw the movie, so I had no idea what she was looking for. So, after a little bit of research, I gave her a princess boat. I hope she and her Granddaughter both enjoy it! I've named this little gal Selena Swan, and I think she turned out rather well!



Now that I have gotten this done, I need to work on the seam treatments, and I have a few ideas for those too! I'll post pictures when I have them finished!

Now, for an update on my recent visitors. I've not seen hide nor feather of any of them since! ACK! I'm so disappointed! However, I got a report from my neighbor yesterday.....he leaves very early morning, and he said that he saw a fox running away from my house! Oh WOW! Yeah, that's a pretty strange sight in the city, but for some reason that didn't surprise me too much. We are losing so many citizens and businesses in this city, that it is almost a ghost town these days! So, seeing a fox doesn't surprise me one bit. I just hope my bunnies stayed hidden when he was around!

Well, Friends, I'm off to the grocery store today, and for those of you who don't know, that is a fate worse than death for me! I swear, you will never encounter a ruder folk than at the grocery store that I patronize. However, we all must eat, including the piggies, birdies, bunny and kitty~so I go, faithfully, every week!

Have a great day,

Christy

1 comments:

JK said...

Is this for Ati?? Not sure if you told me who it was for. She is going to love that swan. You did beautifully on the artwork, and I knew you could do it. Thanks for telling me my beautiful birds name! How did you know that??? And you were right about the Pine Grosebeak. Where are these birds coming from??? But I am not complaining!