THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I've Been Tagged

Okay! I've been tagged by JK, and well, I don't know what I can tell you, but I'll part the weeds and see if there's a bloom somewhere in this head of mine! Gee thanks JK, now I have to THINK!!!

Here goes:

1. I was a Girl Scout for 13 years. I did it all, sold cookies, (Tagalongs are STILL my favorite!), sold calendars, went to camp, did Father-Daughter overnights, learned how to ride horses through the Horsewoman program, and I have even spent weeks at Camp Munsee clearing trails, cleaning up the camp, and even helping to build the M&M bridge. A couple of summers were even spent as a co-leader!

2. I love nature. I can sit and listen to the wind blow and the birds sing and the squirrels bark all day long! I do NOT like thunderstorms. That is the one thing about nature that I can live without! I garden in the spring, summer and fall and I birdwatch (and squirrel and coon and bunny and oppossum) year round!

3. I am very musical. I love to sing! I also have played violin for somewhere around 20 years, and I have just recently started playing piano and guitar. And there are vast differences between the violin and the guitar! I will listen to any kind of music except rap. I don't like it and I probably never will! My favorites are country, classical and classic rock!

4. I love cars! Not these new fandangled things either, REAL cars! I have a '65 Mustang and my Hubs has a '50 Chevy pickup that has been slightly customized. I have gone to many a car show with my 'Stang and won a few as well! (Never first, but hey, a trophy is a trophy!) We go mostly now to visit with the good friends that we've made along the way and to see all of the amazing cars out there!

5. I don't have a lot of friends. I have never had a lot of friends. I have a couple that I hang out with once in a while, and lots of online friends, but it just doesn't seem to be the most important thing in my life. It is hard for me to make friends that understand that my home and family come first. The ones I have now seem to get it, and appreciate it!

6. I am curious. I want to learn everything! And when I do start learning, I really get into it and learn everything I can about it! I believe that is one reason why I love crafts and especially CQ so much, it's a constant learning process. My Mom taught me to have a thirst for knowledge at a very young age and it has stuck, so much so that I think I drive her crazy sometimes!

7. I love animals. All animals. I have no standards, although, I'm not real crazy about the hawks that have been feeding on my songbirds in the backyard, I still couldn't kill them. Trap them and move them, yes, but kill them no. I have taken in so many animals over the years that this place has literally been a zoo! Right now I have 15 pets....5 cockatiels, a lovebird, a robin, a mouse, a rat, 4 guinea pigs, a bunny and a cat. I'd love to have more, they are my life! I can spend a whole day just piddling around playing with my kids! Oh, and they are spoiled. VERY spoiled! Especially the cat, as she has been with me the longest!

Well, I hope I did this being tagged thing justice! I guess maybe there are some things about me that others may not know.......

Now I'm supposed to tag some other folks, so I'm gonna tag Lori K. at http://love2quilt22002.blogspot.com/index.html and Flora at http://florasbeecrazyquilter.blogspot.com/

Thanks JK, I kind of enjoyed sharing!

Christy

0 comments: