THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, January 13, 2008

I apparently have a secret identity....

Yes, it is true, I apparently have a secret identity that not even I knew about! How's that for some news! This is a good one...be prepared to get a good giggle here!

Around 6 pm yesterday, some guy came knocking on our door. I sent Hubs to the door to answer it as I was yacking on the phone. He asked for Karen. Now, the last time I checked, there was no one named Karen living here, and to our knowledge, there has NEVER been a Karen living here. When my Hubs told him that there was no one here by that name, he said, "She drives that car!". Ummmm....No. Hubs again repeated that no one by that name lives here, so he asked his friend that was standing in the street if that was the car and she said yes. What the hell??? So, Hubs told him again that no one by that name lives here and he reluctantly left. Okay, I drive a 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity Wagon. There are MANY of them in this town....and probably 5 in our neighborhood. So......try again buddy!

THEN, when I went to do my route tonight, I was chatting at a gas station with my Mom and a cop pulled in beside us. He got out of his car and walked over to us and promptly asked me if I had been delivering papers in an addition about a mile from the station. I told him no and that my Mom delivered out there. He turned to me and frankly informed me that I fit the description of someone who had stolen a car out there. ME??? Okay....
I explained to him that I had just come from home where I had been sleeping....I guess he believed me, he didn't slam me on the hood and handcuff me! He said that they had found the car and that the suspects had been running through peoples' backyards to get away. Okay....
After the fact I thought about it and you know what? I feel sorry for them if I fit the description and they cannot catch a short, fat, white girl. Give me a break!!!!!!!!

So apparently my secret identity is Karen the car thief. Wow, I've heard of sleep walking, but stealing a car in my sleep??? I must be REAL good!

On another note, the blacksmith came and took care of Cherokee, and he is feeling much better! I'm so glad, I was really worried about him!! We set up regular appointments with them and they will be coming back in about 4 weeks to check on him. Finally!

Alright, I just had to share my day with you all, and what an interesting day it was!

Have a super Sunday!
Karen the Car Thief, uh, I mean Christy

2 comments:

Gerry said...

Vroooom, Vroooom! Hey did you see Karen take off in that car? LOL.

JK said...

HA!!! Now hon, that is something I would get hauled over for!! You have known me for far too long and my insane life is beginning to wear off on you! Cripe I am rolling here! That beats crawling through doggie doors anyday! You need to plaster a sign on the car "I AM NOT KAREN, AND THIS IS MY CAR... Thank You...The Mangement.."