THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 3, 2008

I need some advice!

Hi all! I am having serious time issues. Imagine that, I think just about everyone does....but I really could use some advice. I don't care if I know you or not....throw your 2 cents in, I'm open to just about any and all ideas at this point. (And yes, I know, I'm spending time doing THIS instead of something else....LOL, but I have a load of wash in and my dishes are soaking.....sooo....)

I can't seem to get everything done. I mean seriously, how the heck do you people do it? I have found myself in a position where it seems that I work nonstop from the minute my feet hit the floor until the minute my head hits the pillow, and I still just can't get everything done. I'm not complaining here, that's not it, I just need to figure out a way that I can manage to fit everything in, without neglecting people and things that are important to me. (Which I seem to have been doing for the past year.)

I am taking care of my home and property, along with my parents farm (which isn't a lot of upkeep, just mowing and cleaning up a bit), and helping my Mom take care of her house and property as my Dad is no longer able to and she isn't in the best health. Plus working about 30 hours a week. I am trying to work out a schedule and stick to it, but everytime I get a schedule set and do it for a week or two, something comes up to disrupt it and I am back to square one. I try to get back on schedule, but then, I get behind and it mounts up to seeming impossible again. I'm working on this schedule thing again, trying to make it work, and so far I have fallen behind in the housework again and my house looks like a tornado went through it. I had to let things go a bit for the holidays in order to get the "holiday" things done....but come on, isn't there a way to fit it all in? I have a feeling in the long run it's going to boil down to losing sleep in order to accomplish the things that I have to do, and that's not a good option for me as I don't sleep that much as it is. However, if that is what I need to do, then so be it.

Okay, I think that I'm finished now, please give me a hint...this young housewife is ready to pull her hair out and call it quits all the way around!

Thanks!

2 comments:

Momma Bear said...

Not that I'm not in the same boat as you -Iam. with a job ,a husband who is gone most of the time(think fireman+2other jobs!) & 3 kids
some of the things I do to keep it in line is to put a load in the laundry before I go to bed & as soon as I get up i switch it over & put a new load in. that way when I come home some of it is done & ready for folding.
If you have any kiddies, it is allways best to get them involved,Saterday is mega clean up day, everyone does someting. yes even the younger ones(best to start them early!) no matter what kind of complaining they do assign them separate parts of the house(so their is less screwing around) & police thier work. I generally take the vaccuming so I can patroll, & quash any incipient rebellinons!
& EVERYONE cleans up after dinner! no exceptions!

Flora

Momma Bear said...

Hope someting there helps!
Flora