THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, February 8, 2008

Fairy ATC and 2nd Pink Artist Square

I have been trying to keep myself awake at night in order to get out of here and get back before Hubs has to leave for work, so I have been diligently working on ATC's and Pink Artist Squares. I have finished one more of each, and I have several more of each in the works. First is my Fairy ATC. I just love this fabric, I bought it to make a wallhanging for my niece's 1st birthday, thought I'd never find a use for it again, and POOF! What a great ATC it made!

I used eyelash yarn to do her skirt and sleeve cuffs, outlined her wings and crown in DMC light effects thread, and outlined her wand. I also used some flowers that I have had for ages to make a seam, and I even used a new stitch that I taught myself this week! That cast-on stitch was used to make the butterflies. I really like the way they look!

Next is my second Pink Artist Square.

I love the rose fabric! I also used the cast-on stitch on this one with a double row of twisted barred chains. It turned out pretty good!

Let me tell you, it is hell sharing a car with my husband. I know, a lot of people do it. It's just that our "shifts" overlap so to speak, and it is hard for me to get home in time for him to get to work without being late. My car jumped time, which in turn has had him busy most of the week trying to get the new timing chain on it. I love my car, but these newer cars are so hard to work on. And I know! My 1965 Mustang is so simple that a blind turkey could fix it. My daily driver? Not gonna happen! I swear, you need a PhD just to read the owner's manual for that thing. And it's a 1990. Not THAT new. I could't even imagine what the really new cars look like under the hood! Oh well, I'm praying that he'll have mine back on the road tonight, in fact, I think I may have threatened him that he BETTER have it back on the road tonight. It's kind of funny, for us, driving a different car is like wearing a pair of shoes that are 2 sizes to small. I'm so uncomfortable in his car, and it is a little slower than mine too. Not that I'm a speed demon or anything, but when I am used to a certain way of driving, adapting to something else is near impossible for me!

Have a great Friday!

Christy

0 comments: