THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, February 22, 2008

What a day....

Yesterday did not go very well for me, and I may be MIA for a few days while I recover....

It started off bad, the roads were in decent shape for the most part, until I got towards the end of my route. Then it happened. I have been driving for over 10 years now, and I mean driving, lots. I have NEVER lost complete control of any car, until yesterday. I was coming up to a T-road and I hit a patch of ice. I slid completely through the intersection and off into the field. In the mean time, I jumped a ditch with all 4 wheels off of the ground. Thank God the field was frozen of they would have had to bring a backhoe out to find me! I drove on through the field and came out a little ways on down the road. Naturally, this scared the holy crap out of me, as it was a feeling that I had never experienced before! I actually had to pull over and calm myself down! I didn't tear up the car, (for once), but it did a job on me. My back is very sore, my neck hurts and I have a bump on my head and bruises on my legs from the steering wheel. I'm sure that I'll be fine, but I'm just not feeling to swift today. I saw tonight where I went off of the road, and I am totally amazed. I went between 2 signs and a telephone pole. Scary.

Then, just as I finished telling my Hubs about it tonight, (as we were driving to the farm to take care of Cherokee), the car died. It just died. So, being the good mechanic that he is, he hopped out in a raging snowstorm and popped the hood to find out that we weren't getting any spark. (And thank you, but that has NOTHING to do with what I did, LOL!) So we called my Mom and she ran us to the parts store to get the part the he needed to fix it. Thankfully, he thought to get a second part that could have been wrong, because we were getting ready to leave the farm and it died again! So he got out again and replaced the second part. So far it has been running ever since, but who knows what will happen tomorrow!

I'll try to check in as often as my back will allow me to, sitting in the chair isn't the most comfy for me right now.

I hope everyone has a safe and super weekend! I'm going to bed and try to sleep now! Ha!
Christy

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Christy,
Sorry to hear about your mishap but glad to hear that you weren't hurt. Scary!
Judy in Indiana

Lori said...

Christy, I am so sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad you are OK...driving on these road sometimes ice surprises you and the car has a mind of its own. Glad you missed the signs and weren't hurt badly.
Lori

pineapple_ing said...

Oh Sweetheart! I'm so sorry you had to experience this. I'm sure glad you have an Angel watching out for you that night to not hitting the signs and pole. Sometimes the road conditions are so hazardous and you just never know. Make sure you get some rest and take care of the bumps and bruises. You've still got a lot of living to do.(and stitching! Ja ja!) Thank you God!
Healing hugs, ~ Ing

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.