THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, February 29, 2008

Ooops!

Good Morning!


I forgot that I had promised my friend Lisa that I would make squares for her family members who had breast cancer. I got them finished just in time to pop all of the in the mail ON TIME! Woo hoo! Thank goodness for the Leap Day! HA!
Here are the 3 I did for her. Her Mom, Grandmother and Aunt all had breast cancer, so it was very fitting that they be included as well! I wanted them to be related, but different, so I used butterflies and silk ribbon embroidery to tie them together.

And here is a picture of all 7 of my squares:


I am so thankful to have been a part of this project, and I can't wait to see the finished doll! To see more of the squares that other folks have made, visit the "Girl Gone Thread Wild" link on the right of my blog!

Have a wonderful Leap Day!

Christy

6 comments:

Gerry said...

Christy, your art squares are beautiful. It's obvious that you've put your heart into them.

Big hugs!

JK said...

Hi Puddleducks...

Hey those art squares are beautiful hon! You didn't show me those!

How's the big baby doing? Give him a kiss on his nose for me okay?

BTW...is that Garth Brooks? I can't make out who the other one is... How about some Montgomery Gentry or Brooks and Dunn? How the heck to you get music on your blog? I tried to change the background on mine. Nada..wouldn't work even on the site you sent me... What a crock!

girlgonethreadwild said...

Beautiful just beautiful! The way artists have come together here to honor loved ones has instilled in me a great gratitude for LIFE. I'm moved by your post & contributions.. thank you so very much for this post & for giving from your heart what you made with your hands! I truly believe our loved ones are looking down on us and guiding our hearts. I'll let you know when your LOVEly squares have arrived. Love & blessings my friend, Monica

p.s. Grease Lightening was playing while I wrote this so pardon me if I had to stop & dance during my typing...lol

Lori said...

I just read the Monicas blog re: Pink Artist, Girl gone thread wild. Wow! is all I can say! I am proud to know you and know that you have contributed to this cause..It's a great cause and well worth everyones time...
Hugs
Lori

Lori said...

I am also glad to see you are up and about again after your little "mishap"!
Glad you weren't hurt, Toots!
Love ya!
Lori

girlgonethreadwild said...

your package arrived safe & sound! Thanks again for pouring your heart into these and paying tribute to friends & family. The lil pug square captured my heart and I admit it is my favorite of your bunch! Which is something to say since alllllllllll of the squares are fabulous! You can see your lil creations by clicking on my blog. I'm delighted you played with us, I can't wait to share more of the doll .... SOON!

I'm actually thinking of taking an entire week off to work on it. xo, Monica